Director of Membership
Director of Membership
- Have served and completed a term of membership in Fish Camp; in the event that there are too few applicants to effectively run Fish Camp, the director and advisors may take steps to create a full director staff as they deem necessary.
- Be enrolled in Texas A&M University in at least 6 credit hours as an undergraduate student or at least 4 hours as a graduate student.
- Remain in the Bryan/College Station area for the fall, spring, and summer semesters immediately before Fish Camp, and the fall semester immediately following Fish Camp.
- Be enrolled in Texas A&M University in the fall semester following Fish Camp in at least 6 credit hours if an undergraduate student (unless fewer credits are required to graduate in the spring and fall semesters) or 4 credit hours if a graduate student (unless fewer credits are required in the final stages of their degree as defined by the Continuous Registration Requirement).
- Be in and remain in good standing with Fish Camp.
- Be in and remain in good conduct and academic standing with the University, and meet all University sanctioned requirements for student organization involvement.
- Work closely with and help the Directors, Chairpersons, Counselors, and Advisors.
- Read all Chairperson applications and interview all applicant.
- Attend twice-weekly Director meetings (Fall 2014, Spring 2015, and Fall 2015), two weekly Director meetings in Summer 2015, weekly Staff meetings (Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Summer 2015, and Fall 2015), and weekly one-on-one meetings with an Advisor.
- Attend all mandatory staff functions.
- Hold office hours during Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Summer 2015, and Fall 2015.
- Carry out all Fish Camp jobs in a timely manner.
- Attend Director Retreats: 2 Mid-October Weekends (TBA).
- Uphold all policies and standards of the Fish Camp Organization.
- Attend Fish Camp 2015 in its entirety.
- Be passionate about Fish Camp 2015 and the Class of 2019!
- Chair Recruitment/PR Tables
- Chair Application Information Packet
- Chair Informationals- Reserve room, create agenda, and facilitate informational sessions
- Counselor Application Information Packet
- Counselor Recruitment/PR Tables
- Counselor Informationals- Reserve room, create agenda, and facilitate informational sessions
- CounSelect Pre- and Post- Processes- Review Room Reservations & Training, Interview Room Reservations & Training, Selection Letters
- Social media updates and PR
and PR materials
- Freshman brochure/save-the-date
- Chair/counselor/freshman recruitment advertisements
- Fish Packets
- Fish Packets- Training, Editing & Prep for Printer/ Publisher
- End Of Year Member (Staff) Banquet
- Michael Schmidt Award
- Membership Newsletter (tentative)
- Administration of Appeals System
- Conduct the evals process
- Create and oversee all camp Fall continuity events
- Oversee the Membership Committee, providing substantial ways for them to contribute to the work of your area
Benefits & Opportunities:
- Office Space Provided.
- Parking Pass for garage attached to office building, free of charge.
- Letter of recommendation from University Advisor.
- Direct experience in the field of Event Planning.
- Get to meet prominent people in the Aggie community as namesakes, guest speakers, donors, etc.
- Organization record number of applicants.
- Representative for Fish Camp and Texas A&M at national conference for orientation directors.
- Made all processes and oversaw the selection of 97 chairpersons and 1,158 counselors.
- Recreated an appeals system as well as an accountability procedure system for organization.
- Helped direct the organization through a University appointed Audit alongside 15 past and present directors, 2 advisors and 1 University representative. This included re-writing the Fish Camp Constitution, which had not been rewritten since the organizations origin in 1954.
- Learned Qualtrics computer surveying.